Friday, May 20, 2011

Bouchard Aîné & Fils 2007 Pinot Noir (Vin Pays D'Oc)



Bouchard Aîné & Fils
2007 Pinot Noir
Vin de BOURGOGNE

- Alc. 12.5%
- Imported by Boisset America, Sausalito, CA
- Website: - Website: www.boissetfamilyestates.com

The XVIII th century, Hotel du Conseiller du Roy in Beaune stands above the cellars of Bouchard Aine & Fils, who have been perpetuating the tradition of making fine Burgundy wines since 1750.




When people tell me they know of a great tasting $5 wine, I never believe them. Well, I'm here to tell you that I know of a great tasting $5 wine. (Actually, it normally sells for $10, but I bought it on sale for $5.) And, it comes with a twist-off cap. The label says "a deliciously fruit-forward Pinot Noir", which I found to be a great description of it favor.

Bouchard Aîné & Fils (Vin Pays D'Oc) 2007 Pinot Noir had a deep red color and a fruity nose, the latter being dominated by black cherry with some hints of violets. It had a smooth but firm tannin structure. I can't imagine a better $5 wine.

Enjoy!

Freddallas


Bouchard Aîné & Fils (Vin de Pays d'Oc Pinot Noir)
http://www.boissetfamilyestates.com/products/BrandDetails.aspx?BrnId=47

Bouchard Aîné & Fils, founded in 1750 in Beaune, the historical heart of Burgundy, has earned acclaim for its expertise in crafting Burgundy’s treasured Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. Its cellars in the Hôtel du Conseiller du Roy, a classic 18th-century maison, reveal the history of the winery and of Burgundy – the birthplace of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. For over two centuries, Bouchard and Ainé has pursued perfection in quality, authenticity in style and prestige in name.


UPDATE:
2008 Pinot Noir – Bouchard Aine & Fils:




"I’m loving pinots right now. They’re not too heavy and they’re very drinkable. I just had a great and inexpensive pinot from Bouchard Aine & Fils, a 2008. I have an unwritten rule, which is that screw top wines suck. This is clearly a case which rebuts my rule on screw tops. There’s only one bad thing about the bottle of Bouchard Pinot which my lady and I just finished, we don’t have another one handy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment